Atlantic Project Cargo provides the best-customized solution for multimodal freight shipping to and from the USA. Services include shipping for heavy and oversized cargo, yachts and boats, perishables, and healthcare.
Atlantic Project Cargo is an international freight forwarding service specializing in transporting heavy-duty equipment and oversized cargo between various global locations. With an established presence in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the firm boasts a distinctive understanding of the local shipping industry, regulatory requirements, and destination-specific logistics, making it a reliable choice for your shipping needs.
Shipping to and from the UAE with Atlantic Project Cargo ensures expert handling of your freight. Our team can navigate the complexities of international shipping, ensuring compliance with local and international regulations. By choosing Atlantic Project Cargo, customers can expect high-quality, cost-effective, and timely shipping solutions tailored to the specific needs of their projects.
FACTS ABOUT UAE - LANGUAGE, POPULATION, TIME ZONE, CURRENCY
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a prosperous nation in the Arabian Peninsula. Known for its rich oil reserves, the UAE has become a global business hub, attracting worldwide investors. The country’s stunning architecture, including the iconic Burj Khalifa in Dubai, reflects its rapid modernization. Despite its contemporary outlook, the UAE retains its cultural heritage and traditions.
Arabic is the official language of the UAE, although English is widely spoken and understood due to its diverse expatriate population. It is home to approximately 9.8 million people, a significant percentage of whom are ex-pats. The country follows the UAE Standard Time, four hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC+4). Finally, the official currency of the UAE is the UAE Dirham, denoted as AED, which stands for United Arab Emirates Dirham.
THE PRIMARY INDUSTRIES IN UAE
The UAE has a diverse economy and several vital industries contributing significantly to its gross domestic product (GDP). Unsurprisingly, oil and gas is the cornerstone of the UAE’s economy, with the Emirates being one of the world’s largest oil producers. The construction industry has also rapidly surged, particularly in Dubai, where megastructures and architectural marvels have become the city’s identity. Additionally, the UAE has established itself as a global hub for finance and trade, with robust financial services, logistics, and retail sectors. Tourism plays a pivotal role, with millions of visitors each year drawn to its luxury resorts, rich cultural heritage, and iconic landmarks. The UAE has invested in technology and renewable energy in recent years, symbolizing its commitment to a sustainable and diversified economy.
UAE’S TRADE OVERVIEW
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) boasts a diverse and open economy with a critical role in global trade. Known for its vast oil reserves, the UAE has taken steps towards diversifying its economy, with non-oil sectors now contributing to more than 70% of GDP. The nation’s strategic location, sandwiched between Europe, Africa, and Asia, makes it a vital trade hub. It hosts numerous free trade zones and is a leading re-export center. The UAE has trade partnerships with several countries and is a part of the Gulf Cooperation Council, which holds a free trade agreement with Singapore. Primary export goods include petroleum and petroleum products, while imports mainly comprise machinery, transport equipment, and electronics.
EXPORTING TO THE UAE: THE CHALLENGES
PRIMARY EXPORTS FROM THE UAE
- Crude oil and petroleum products: These are the UAE’s most significant exports, forming the backbone of the nation’s economy.
- Natural gas: The UAE is rich in reserves and a significant exporter.
- Precious metals and stones: Gold, diamonds, and other precious metals and stones form a significant portion of the UAE’s exports.
- Aluminum: The UAE is one of the world’s largest aluminum exporters.
- Processed food: The UAE also exports many processed products to various countries.
EXPORTING TO UAE: THE OPPORTUNITIES
UAE imports the following products:
- Machinery, including computers: Being a highly developed and technologically advanced nation, the UAE has a high demand for various machinery.
- Vehicles: Automobiles, including cars, trucks, and motorcycles, are significant imports for the UAE, catering to the country’s demand for luxury and comfort.
- Gems and precious metals: Reflecting the nation’s affluence, gems, precious metals, and jewelry constitute a substantial portion of UAE’s imports.
- Electrical machinery and equipment: The UAE’s infrastructure and development projects require a steady influx of electrical machinery and equipment.
- Mineral fuels, including oil: Despite being a significant oil exporter, the UAE also imports different mineral fuels to meet domestic energy requirements.
- Plastics and plastic articles: The UAE imports a wide range of plastic goods used in various industries, including construction, packaging, and consumer goods.
- Pharmaceuticals: With a robust healthcare sector, the import of prescription drugs is significant in the country’s trade profile.
OCEAN FREIGHT PORTS IN UAE
WHY WORK WITH ATLANTIC PROJECT CARGO?
ATLANTIC PROJECT CARGO CAN HELP YOU ESTABLISH AN INTERNATIONAL PARTNERSHIP WITH UAE
The transport services we offer from the USA to UAE and from UAE to the USA: